SharePoint 2013 provides lots of new features one of them is Solution for Educational institutions needs for a collaborative and educational environment.It Provides features such as .
- Academic documents, likely books, articles etc.
- Communities, a new grouping mechanism, ‘parent’ of courses.
- Courses, academic documents, assignments, and lessons.
- Assignments, including assigning assignments to individual students
- Events, possibly real-time lectures and assignment deadlines.
- Meetings, including recording of online meetings and meeting schedules
Today, here we will see the installation process for SharePoint 2013 for Education using SharePoint 2013 Enterprise RTM. While provisioning the SharePoint for Education services, the following prerequisites are required:
- Web Application:
- A site collection at the root that the user running the cmdlet is a Site Collection Administrator of.
- Self-Service Site Creation is turned on for the Web Application.Service Applications.
- Service Applications:
- Managed Metadata Service Application, including Full Control over the Service Application under Administrators. The Managed Metadata Service Proxy must have all 4 check boxes checked in the Properties, including This service application is the default storage location for column specific term sets” and “Consumes content types from the Content Type Gallery at ”.
- User Profile Service Application, .
- A Session State Service.
- A Search Service
- A configured User Profile Synchronization connection to Active Directory.
- Site Collections:
- A MySite host.
Run the following command from SharePoint Management Shell.
This process may take some time as it will be creating multiple sites, activating features, and so forth.
Activating Feature: EduAdminPages to central Admin Site
Activating Feature: EduAdminLinks to central Admin Web
Creating: /sites/global Site Collection
Attempting to create site: http://spserver2013:80/sites/global
Activating Feature: EduShared to Institution Site
Activating Feature: EduInstitutionSiteCollection to Institution Site
Creating: /sites/admin Site Collection
Attempting to create site: http://spserver2013:80/sites/admin
Activating Feature: EduInstitutionAdmin to Admin Site
Creating: /sites/studygroup Site Collection
Attempting to create site: http://spserver2013:80/sites/studygroup
Activating Feature: Ratings to Study Group Site
Activating Feature: EduShared to Study Group Site
Activating Feature: EduCommunitySiteId to Study Group Site
Activating Feature: EduEduSearchDisplayTemplates to Study Group Site
Activating Feature: SearchWebPartFeature to Study Group Site
Activating Feature: SearchTemplatesandResources to Study Group Site
Finished Activating Fetures for Study Group Site
Creating: /sites/academiclibrary Site Collection
Attempting to create site: http://spserver2013:80/sites/academiclibrary
Activating Feature: DocMarketPlaceSampleData to Academic Library Site
Adding Academic Library Site to promoted sites view
Ensure current user has user profile
Successfully added Academic Library Site to promoted sites view
Added “All-Authenticated-Users” security group to “Site Visitors” group in Acade
Activating Feature: EduShared to My Site Host
Activating Feature: EduDashBoard to My Site Host
Activating Feature: EduMySiteHost to My Site Host
Activating Feature: EduSearchDisplayTemplates to My Site Host
Activating Feature: EduEduSearchDisplayTemplates to Search Center Site
From the Academic Library, an author can publish documents relevant to the scope of the Host-Based Site Collection or Web Application. Documents are uploaded, tagged, etc:
After a document is published, it allows users to rate the document.
From the Central Administration — > Manage Class and groups, Study Groups and Classes can be created. For example, to create a Class, click Education in the ribbon and select the appropriate option. Here is an example of Class creation:
You can see your classes from here.
Click on your class then you can manage Class Calender,Schedule Materials discussion etc from here only.
Classes, Memberships, and Users appear to be created via the one Timer Job installed by the Education functionality, Education Bulk Operation. By default, this runs every 5 minutes.
Microsoft included a Data Import and Export functionality from the Administration site. From here, you can update user, class, and membership information. The type of operation (add, update, delete) as well as type of entity (user, class, membership) appears to be validated based on the format of the header row of the CSV.
On the Results and Reports page, we can see I got the last one right! You’ll also note that you can upload the same file name and SharePoint will automatically generate a new name for it if an existing file is already present.
After creating the Class Teacher can create the Assignment or quiz for student. quiz option comes under assignments type. so just drop-down the assignment type and select the quiz.
its Done …… 🙂 🙂 🙂