(I have downloaded the above image from http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/08/29/SamsungAtivS_side_610x455.png, if anybody has issue with it please mail me to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hello again people. Lets discuss how Silverlight helps us in development in the Windows Phone apps.
Basically I will tell you what exactly is Silverlight and for what is it used for.
- Silverlight is cross browser, cross platform implementation of .Net framework that helps in the developing and designing of the applications.
- Silverlight helps in designing rich user interface and Rich Interactive Applications(RIA) for web, desktops and now for Windows Phone too.
- Silverlight uses Application Extensible Markup Language (XAML) for ease of UI development. It helps in designing of UI controls like buttons, controls, layout, graphics while using managed code or dynamic languages for application logic.
- WPF and XAML. Silverlight includes a subset of the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) technology, which greatly extends the elements in the browser for creating UI. Silverlight lets you create immersive graphics, animation, media, and other rich client features, extending browser-based UI beyond what is available with HTML alone. XAML provides a declarative markup syntax for creating elements. For more information, see Layout, Input, and Printing, Graphics, Animation, and Media, and Controls.
- The Windows Phone OS is the one which is mainly designed for the touch firs wet citizen interactive with the user. So as a developer you need to really take good care of the UI designs.
- For the integration on this UI designs we make extensive use of Silverlight.
This is why we make use of Silverlight in Windows Phone platform.
As we proceed in that I will show you how we use Silverlight or make use of Silverlight in the Windows Phone application.
Take care and have good health